There are many reasons why steel buildings make the ideal start for your barndominium home. These include but are not limited to:
- They're Prefab - This means that your building is engineered and manufactured at the factory. It makes for an easier building project in rural areas where you can't just 'pop into a hardward store' if something is missing.
- They're Durable - Steel is one of the strongest and most durable construction materials people have to work with. It goes without saying that a steel barndominium is built to last.
- Large Clear-Span - Because of the strength of steel, you can use steel beams to span large distances without the need for internal support columns. This leaves a wide-open interior space for you to customize as you'd like, or leave open for an open-concept space.
- DIY Possibilities - Because these buildings are prefabricated, most will come with assembly manuals that allow you to construct it yourself.
- Styled for you - When you first think of a steel building, you may not be inspired. These days however steel buildings come in a huge array of colours so that you can style your home to look however you'd like.
Canadian Prefab Housing News & Updates
Your home will likely be the largest investment you ever make. Because of this people often wonder “are prefab houses cheaper” when they see the price tag of traditional style homes. This is a bit of a loaded question so we’ll approach it in stages below. Are you Building or Buying? The first question is…
Much of the efficiency of prefab comes from computer-assisted design. Designers come armed with digital tools versus hammers and nails. Still, traditional construction methods are required to get the job done. In the last few years 3D printing has edged its way closer to the forefront. As a marker of cutting edge technology, printing everything from shoes…
Prefab Housing has come a long way since the early 20th century. Technological advancements have made Do-It-Yourself construction even easier. With all the possibilities for dwelling types and full customization, prefab homes are not the standard “house-in-a-box” as previously thought. Increasing Draw for Homeowners What’s more, these building methods have only become more and more environmentally friendly;…
Types of Prefab Homes
There are a variety of building methods to choose from.
Click a building method below to see pictures & learn more.
Barndominiums are homes constructed out of rigid frame steel buildings. These structures offer Strength, Style, DIY and Savings.
Built in modules (sections), this style of home offers the affordability of factory production with far more design freedom.
By re-using shipping containers, you're able to get a durable skeleton at an affordable price. Then it's customized for a funky look, or more traditional modern appearance.
SIPs (structurally insulated panels) have become popular due to their ease of assembly and high insulation value and ability to make an infinite variety of layouts.
Mobile houses have evolved over the years and today they look very different from their trailer-like predecessors. Just drop it off and your house is ready to go!
A classic, durable prefab home with good insulation value & a unique style. This method can be used for both small cabins and gigantic rustic mansions.